Thursday, February 13, 2014

Staying Calm When Life Seems Impossible

There they stood like ducks on a firing range. Only it was Pharaoh and 600 chariots breathing down their backside. The Red Sea and certain destruction the only other choice. The newly released slaves had no way to defend themselves and nowhere to run.

Trapped. Terrified.

Have you been there? I've had my back against the wall this week. Mounting pressure makes me feel like someone hijacked my life. My pressure, my Pharaoh, comes from work. Maybe your Pharaoh is illness that robs. Your Pharaoh might be a relationship that poisons. Does Pharaoh attack your faith like the slaves at the edge of the Red Sea?

God has other plans for you and me. 

The Lord will fight for you. Just stay calm. Ex. 14:14

The waters may not part, but he still gives victory. Right now, I don't see Pharaoh, backing down and God may not part the waters for me to escape. My victory comes in a calm heart. I am thankful for the stillness God gives. Knowing I'm powerless, I just stay calm. Am I perfect at it? No, but I'm learning more every day.

He can give you same sense of calm. When your back is against the wall and the warriors of destruction are looming, He will fight for you. Just stay calm.

What is your Pharaoh today? How has God fought for you?

I'm part of Team 365 Reading God's word every day.  It is a great way to read through the bible. Would you like to join us?


3 comments:

elizabeth said...

Praying for you my friend! Praying that God goes before you, and like He did for the children of Israel, covers your back as well!

Linda said...

Thank you Elozabeth. You are a blessing.

Linda said...

Steve,

Thank you. I agree the only way to be saved is thrrough the blood.of Jesus.